Wednesday 23 July 2014

Vignanotica, the white rocks beach

Vignanotica is a place in the hearth of Gargano, the north side of Apulia.

Gargano is named the "Holy Mountain" due to its high degree of spirituality.


Vignanotica is within the Gargano National Park.





This park is famous for so many reasons.

The most important one is that it is the richest area in Italy in terms of biodiversity.






Today I went there to spend an entire day.

Firstly, I decided to walk along one of the several nature trails available.

It took me a couple of hours to complete one of around 5 miles long.

The place is quiet, ideal for those who look for peace.


The environment there is just so beautiful. The air is reinvigorating. In other words, I am just surrounded by the Mediterranean scrub.

Then, I decided to go to the beach.































I have to admit that I am just astonished by the bright white of the rocks along the beach.

I have never seen anything like that so far.

The sea is clean and fresh.

I lay myself down to sunbath. While looking at the sky, I hear a French family coming over.

Their surprise is great.



I feel glad for them.

Actually, they seem to me pretty much rewarded for the journey which brought them from France to Apulia.

If you wish to view more pics, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment