Wednesday 13 August 2014

Ceglie Messapica, where the inner city is white like a pearl

Yesterday, I visited Ceglie Messapica for the first
time.

















So, I have to admitt that I was highly impressed by its beauty.

I went to Ceglie Messapica to watch the concert of Goran Bregovic, event held within the Ghironda summer festival.






Ghironda is an International festival of arts from the five continents

.

This edition is dedicated to Nelson Mandela.

On the Ghironda web site it’s reported a Mandela’s eloquent quote: “It’s music and dance that make me feel at peace with the world”.





The concert would have commenced at 10 pm, however, I was already there at 7.30 pm. 

The sunshine was still bloody hot, hammering on my poor head.

Indeed, I wished to take pictures of Ceglie before the sunset. When there is the “magic light”, as my English tutor of a documentary course used to call it.

The magic light gives a spectral touch to the Ceglie inner city, which strikes me because is white like a pearl.




















People there is very friendly.

While enquirying with the locals where to eat well with little money, two men gave me a lot of tips about.

They were licking their icecreams. The funny thing was that they were so captured by talking that their mouth turned to chocolate.

They looked to me like two kids who did not have a care. They were involuntarily showing me their childish side. It was great…




While walking and taking pictures, I realized that there were lots of turists around, Italians and foreigners. I heard people from Eastern Europe and English as well.

Ceglie Messapica is part of valle d’Itria, one of the most renowned places in Apulia.





Trulli are rightly considered the symbol of valle d’Itria. 

So, Trulli are spread around the countryside of Ceglie  as well.






Last but not least , if you wish to spend your holidays in Ceglie, you have to visit the castello Ducale, built up in the 11th century, and renewed in the 15th century.

It is a magnificent building, worth to be visited. 




So, if you wish to come here but you need additional information, do not refrain from giving me a buzz…

If you wish to view more pics, please click here
Take care


No comments:

Post a Comment