Thursday 18 December 2014

Pugliesi nel mondo 2014

On Friday 12 of December, the “Pugliesi nel mondo 2014” festival has been held.











The teatro Traetta of Bitonto hosted the prestigious event.

I went there as blogger of In Apulia, my beloved blog.

The teatro Traetta is just so tiny and elegant at the same time.





The first guest to be invited on stage was Sara Susca.


Sara works for NASA on a project on robot.




After Sara, it is the round of Michele Mirabella, actor born in Bitonto.

Michele has always supported his community.

He is a humble and intelligent man.


Michele takes the chance to censure the illegal trade of olive trees, symbol of Apulia.

Then, it is the turn of Nicola Sasanelli, in charge of several trade projects for the Australian organizations.





Like all the guests, Nicola receives a present made by Francesco Sannicandro which represents an Apulian olive tree.






The atmosphere in theater is just so sparkling.

Municipalities such as Molfetta, Bari, Bitonto attended the event as testifed by their banners displayed in the parterre.

Rita Statte is invited on stage.

Mingo, the presenter, asks her to talk about her projects.



She reveals that a new movie is going to be shot in Salento, where actually she is born.

After ten minutes break, it is the turn of Tiziana De Carolis, a great artist, a creative piano composer.







Magic notes come up from her piano.








The next one is Vittorio Capotorto, a great artist who actually lives in the big apple: New York.





He went to NY first in 1979 with Riccardo Cucciolla, and michele Mirabella on tour with the Sciascia’s “L'onorevole”.

















I guess, Vittorio fell in love with New York.

Vittorio says: “In 1986, the project La Cittadella dello Spettacolo sul Mare had been financed by CEE with 8 billions of lire. However, after having had pressures from a corrupted system, I have abandoned the project. Soon after, I quit Italy to move to the States."





Vittorio is a nice man. His wife is younger than him. She is Spanish.








At the end of the show, I shook the hand with Vittorio. “I have really liked what you have said”, I tell him.

We exchange each other the business card.

The last one to be awarded is a special man, his name is Fernando Catalano.



Fernando had left Giurdignano (Lecce) during the 80ies. 

He moved to Zurich where he is still working hard, with integrity.

Fernando has written a book, Dalla valigia di cartone all’impresa. It is about the Italian migration. I am reading it. It is a touching book.

“Come with me to my car. I’ll give you a copy of it”.

“Of course, I reply”.

While walking towards his car he starts to narrate his story: “I came to Switzerland with nothing but la valigia di cartone. Now, I run a company of 1200 employees”.

Fernando is president of the association Assoii-Suisse in Zurich which promotes the co-operation between Swiss and Italian companies.

Fernando is a humble man, it is a pleasure to talk with him.

Fernando leaves the stage not before having pointed out how disgraceful are the news about the Italian politicians guilty of bribes and other crimes.

The last one to be invited is Tony Santagata, a great folk singer from Sant'Agata di Puglia, a lovely town located in the north of Apulia. 




























When he said that he is 79 years old I could not believe it. 

My night in Bitonto ends up not before having gone to see the cathedral, beautiful example of Romanico-Pugliese style.

I am happy for having attended this event.

By the way, I was a pugliese nel mondo as well, having been living in Dublin (Ireland) for four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment